VESTRY MEETING HIGHLIGHTS - APRIL
Highlights of the APRIL 2018, Meeting
Feeding Program – We will go forward with plans to start an outreach meal program once a month at the Senior Center located at Shepherd Hill Apartments in Plainview. Parish volunteers will be needed to help.
Buildings & Grounds – Estimates are still being gathered for the renovation of the Rectory kitchen. Installing a drywell at a low point in the Cemetery is being looked into to remedy the flooding problem. The church needs a good interior cleaning in hard- to-reach areas and this is being looked into.
Cemetery Treasurer – Nancy R. will be transitioning away from the role of cemetery treasurer after devoting many years as treasurer; Christine K. agreed to take over this job.
Priests’ Pictures – Framed pictures of our past priests will once again be placed in the hallway between the nave and sacristy.
Fr. Isaias will attend a continuing education/ retreat in Alabama May 1 to 7.
2018 ARCHIVE: VESTRY MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
Highlights of the Feb. 13, 2018, Vestry Meeting
- Easter Cantata: Arrangements are being made for a group of church musicians, who perform at a Korean church in Huntington, to perform at a community event at St. Margaret’s with an orchestra and choir on March 10. Free admission.
- Buildings and Grounds: Our church phone system has been difficult to re-program. The next step will be to purchase a new system and arrange for it to be installed.
- Holy Week Services: Isaias made up the schedule and service assistants will be placed according to need and availability.
- Fr. Isaias’ Upcoming Schedule: This will be posted on the bulletin board in the Narthex. It will cover the next several months.
- 2018 Diocesan Convention: Jacqui Poarch will be our delegate, and Barbara H. will be the alternate.
- 2018 Fall Fair: The date will be Sept. 22.
ARCHIVE - VESTRY MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
January 2018 Meeting
- An up-to-date Parish Contact List is being emailed to parishioners. It will also be made available for the asking to those who do not use email.
- A list of 2018 Vestry Committees is being compiled and will be posted on the Narthex bulletin board.
- The search continues for a Part-time Cemetery Administrator.
- A listing of Diocesan Activities will be posted on the Narthex bulletin board to keep parishioners aware of activities taking place in our Diocese.
- A List of Parish Activities for 2018 will be posted shortly.
- Lastly, the Parish Profile from 2010 will be worked on in the near future to bring it up to date.